Saturday, July 31, 2010

Home!

I'm home! After being back in the U.S. of A. for just over a week, I'm beginning to settle back into West Michigan life. It's been a blessing and a pleasure to be surrounded by family and friends over these last few days, getting a chance to relax and regroup.

The last few months have been an incredible adventure! I've learned so much about myself, teamwork, and God's huge heart for His people all over the world. There's no way to tell you everything I'm feeling and every detail of the journey, so I thought I'd share just a few pictures of some of the people I'll miss the most.

This is Josh and Joshua. They are the oldest boys (11 and 9 years old) living at Amecet, the baby home in Soroti. They have been taken from their families due to health reasons for a few months. They are the sweetest little boys!

These are two of my beautiful neighbors, Lydia and Walter. They are siblings, living with two other siblings, two cousins, their mother, father, and an uncle in a small cement home across the street. They spend a couple of hours most afternoons in our yard, playing games and sharing their lives. They are sweet, always willing to join any activity and help out in any way they can.

This is my fabulous roommate, Brittany, and two of my teammates, Moses and Avalien. We had so much fun spending everyday life together. From shopping in the market to baking chapati (our favorite bread) to lesson planning to reading afterschool Bible stories with the neighbors to water balloon fights, we were almost always together. The three of them, and each person on the team, have been incredible blessings in my life over these last two months.

Saying goodbye to my team, to the beautiful children I met, and to the wonderful Ugandans that I was blessed to meet was the hardest part of my summer. I hope I could have been at least a sliver of what they were to me!
And thank YOU for reading and praying. The encouragement and support I felt was overwhelming! Please continue to pray for my transition home, for the start to student teaching, and my future in missions (whatever that may be!). Please keep this special team and the wonderful people of Soroti in your prayers, too. Pray that they continue to shine God's light and share Christ's love in such a special city.
Love and thanks in Him,
Steph



No comments:

Post a Comment