Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It just seems normal now

When I spoke on the phone with Lisa last Saturday, the comment that stuck in my mind is, "it all seems so normal". Last time I wrote, I asked for prayers that she could settle in and be at ease with the lack of schedule. Those prayers have been answered above and beyond what I ever thought. As she says it all feels so normal, they are showing the movie "Up" to 100 ugandans in a single stall garage with the projector being run by generator. They have had an average of 2 hrs of electricity everyday since Sunday. No refrigeration and cold showers. No Internet on the compound since arriving in Uganda, and on the morning I spoke to her no water. But, "it all seems so normal now".

She had plans for the week that she was quite excited about and I hope to have the opportunity to call her again tomorrow before I go to work. She left message on my Facebook that said, "we have a lot to talk about"- I can't wait!

Please continue to keep Lisa and Steph and the rest of the team in your prayers. Please pray for the hearts of the people they come into contact with each and everyday.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment